It may be 30 degrees out but who says you can't eat crumble in the summer? This take on a winter classic dessert is crammed full of fresh strawberries, healthy fats, protein and has all the tastes of summer in a bowl.
Gluten free | refined sugar free | vegan
2 punnets of strawberries
juice of 1/2 a lemon
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp ground ginger
1.5 cups of GF oats
2/3 cup ground almonds
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
3 tbsps coconut sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 tbsps maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 190C.
2. Chop strawberries in half and apples into 1cm slices and add them to a 8x12 inch (approx) dish.
3. Add the maple syrup, lemon juice and ginger and toss to coat.
4. Mix the oats, almonds, coconut , coconut sugar and cinnamon in a
5. Add the coconut oil and maple syrup and mix until crumbly.
6. Spread over the fruit mixture, covering completely.
7. Bake for 25-30 or until golden and the fruit has softened (test by
inserting a knife).
8. Serve with yoghurt, custard (I like Oatly) or whatever you fancy.
Use fresh strawberries and apples if you can, frozen berries will work as well but the filling will be quite watery when cooked
Other summer fruits that work well are blackberries, blueberries, cherries, peaches and raspberries
Adjust the spices to suit your taste, I like a subtle hint of spice so as not to overpower the caramel flavour the coconut sugar gives the crumble topping but you do you...